Oklahoma Continuing Education COURSE
Oklahoma Rules and Code: Investigations and Disciplinary Actions
As a licensed real estate professional in the state of Oklahoma, it’s to your advantage to understand the complaint process, including how investigations are handled, how hearings are conducted, and what happens if your license is suspended or revoked. Throughout this course, then, you’ll review just how the complaint process works—from filing a complaint to cooperating with an investigation to attending a formal hearing to receiving a final order from the commission. Why bother with all of this? Because the more you know about this process, the better prepared you’ll be to avoid missteps, provide superior service to your clients, and protect your reputation and your business.
Course highlights include:
- An overview of basic complaint procedures.
- A step-by-step breakdown of the investigation and hearing processes.
- A look at the areas over which the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission has the authority to investigate, as well as the areas over which it does not.
- A review of prohibited acts as outlined in Subchapter 17 of the Oklahoma Real Estate License Code and Rules.
- A discussion of what constitutes “substantial misrepresentation.”
- A look at the various penalties for violating the Oklahoma Real Estate License Code and Rules.
- A review of what it means to have a suspended or revoked license.
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context.