Exam Prep Edge
Arizona Salesperson Real Estate License Exam FAQs
Every Question You Need Answered to Get Your Real Estate License in Arizona
We're here to help answer any questions you have about getting started in the real estate industry. Getting your real estate license in Arizona is a big step, so to help we've collected and answered some frequently asked questions below.
Education/Getting Your License
How do I get a Arizona real estate license?
To become a licensed real estate Salesperson in Arizona includes completing the following:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Successfully complete 90 hours of approved real estate education
- Obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Complete a background check
- Take a Contract Writing Class and recieve a certificate
- Successfully pass the Arizona Salesperson Real Estate Exam
- Schedule the Arizona salesperson licensing exam via Pearson VUE.
- Hire on with a Broker at time of application as a Salesperson & Fee (complete Salesperson/Associate Broker Change Form LI-202), or hire on after licensing online for a reduced fee. The Designated Broker must access the ADRE online system to approve the hire prior to the licensee being legal to work.
How long does it take to get a Arizona real estate license?
The amount of time to get your Arizona real estate salesperson license varies due to the number of steps involved. Most complete the requirements within a few months. These include completing education, obtaining a fingerprint clearance card, passing the background check, taking a Contract Writing Class, scheduling the AZ salesperson licensing exam, and successfully passing the licensing exam.
How much does the Arizona real estate license exam cost?
The Pearson VUE Candidate Handbook includes instructions on price and helpful information on obtaining your Arizona salesperson license. The salesperson license exam fee is $75. The cost for each retake is the same as the initial examination.
Note: These costs are subject to change by the state at any time.
What are the rules for reciprocity for Arizona real estate licenses?
Arizona is not reciprocal with any state or country.
What are the continuing education requirements after getting my real estate license?
The state of Arizona requires 24 hours of Continuing Education every two years: 18 mandatory hours and six general hours. You can view our Continuing Education courses for Arizona real estate agents here.